Helpful Resources & Parenting Books
There are so many great parenting books and many other resources out there that can help you make the most of family counselling. Alfred Adler, who, along with his protege Rudolph Dreikurs, developed the parenting theory I use in my work.
And some other great books and web sites…
- The Divorce Remedy by Michele Weiner Davis (a book for improving your marriage based on the same approach I use with my clients, based on her Divorce Busting program)
- Wear Clean Underwear by Alexis Neely Martin (legal planning for parents, Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Style)
- The Power of Inner Choice by Mary Allen (a book for you as a parent, a step-by-step guide to achieving inner peace and creating a meaningful life)
- Staying Alive fire safety for families
- Having the Sex Talk With Your Kids by Dr Laura Berman, Oprah’s sex expert.
- Yello Dyno my favourite resource for protecting kids from child predators and bullies
Looking for a therapist for your child?
Susan Garafolo is a local play therapist that I recommend to my clients when their kids are too young for me to work with.
To learn more about the Oakville Family Institute and benefit from our individual and family counselling services, contact Andrea Ramsay Speers today.
READY TO ENJOY BEING HOME AGAIN?
Contact the Oakville Family Institute office at
(905) 491-6949 to Book An Appointment
to talk about what’s happening at home.
Appointments with me are booked
for a time that’s good for you – day or evening.
At my office in Oakville, I serve the following Southern Ontario communities: Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, Milton, Halton, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Waterdown, Peel, Oak Park, Glen Abbey, West Oak Trails, River Oaks, North Oakville, College Park.
As a psychotherapist, counsellor, parent coach, and parenting expert, I provide individual counselling, marriage counselling, couples counselling, relationship counselling, relationship advice, parenting advice, parent counselling, and parent coaching for parental challenges such as discipline, communication, low self esteem, sibling rivalry, mental health concerns, symptoms of anxiety, symptoms of depression, burnout and stress, for parents with children and teenagers between the ages of 6 and 18. I also work with teens who are 13 and older.