OAKVILLE FAMILY INSTITUTE
I am a registered psychotherapist and I teach individuals, couples, and parents of children between the ages of 6 – 18 the tools and strategies to help today’s families to:
- Communicate effectively and easily
- Effectively resolve any discipline or personal challenge
- Lower stress by getting your family working as a team – as well as
- Overcome stress, guilt, anxiety and depression
Worn out from never-ending conflict at home?
At your wit’s end over your kids behaviour?
Struggling to communicate with the people you love the most?
Feeling guilty about your knee-jerk reactions to these problems?
I CAN HELP YOU TO...
- Eliminate nagging and fighting with your kids
- Improve communication with your spouse
- Talk so your kids can really hear you
- Reduce anxiety that makes it hard to enjoy being a parent
- Improve sibling relationships
- Boost your children’s self esteem and confidence
- Be prepared for any parenting challenge
- Increase respect and consideration for one another (and yourselves)
- Be consistent in discipline and learn to follow through
- Eliminate depression and improve your moods
- Reconnect and end tension at home
- Reduce and overcome stress
- Enjoy work/home balance
- Feel confident and relaxed
WHAT DO MY CLIENTS APPRECIATE MOST ABOUT OUR WORK TOGETHER?
- Practical tools that will give you immediate results in your family, tools you’ll feel good using
- A new approach to parenting that really works
- Relaxed and friendly collaboration
- An understanding that you know what’s best for your own family
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT THE WAY I WORK?
- A specific and proven system for gaining feedback from clients – allows us to monitor direction and progress of our work together.
- Clients remain “in charge” of the sessions and able to direct our focus to the issues that matter most to them.
- I have additional training and experience in not just counselling and marriage counselling, but also parenting theory and parent education.
At my office in Oakville, I serve the following Southern Ontario communities: Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, Milton, Halton, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Waterdown, Peel, Oak Park, Glen Abbey, West Oak Trails, River Oaks, North Oakville, College Park.
As a psychotherapist, counsellor, parent coach, and parenting expert, I provide individual counselling, marriage counselling, couples counselling, relationship counselling, relationship advice, parenting advice, parent counselling, and parent coaching for parental challenges such as discipline, communication, low self esteem, sibling rivalry, mental health concerns, symptoms of anxiety, symptoms of depression, burnout and stress, for parents with children and teenagers between the ages of 6 and 18. I also work with teens who are 13 and older.